Your income could not be verified for any of the following reasons:
- Your paychecks vary by a large amount. We cannot verify your income source when your income varies by a large amount because our system is not able to recognize whether it is a normal deposit or a deposit from your employer.
Pay schedule is irregular
- You receive deposits from your employer on dates that do not match up with your pay schedule. If we cannot match your deposits with your pay schedule, we cannot verify whether it is your paycheck being deposit or another type of deposit.
Name of employer isn’t consistent
- Your employer uses different names on your paycheck that vary with either different letters or numbers. If we see inconsistencies in your paycheck names, we are unable to detect it as a single income source.
Not a direct deposit
- Your income source is not a direct deposit. You are most likely depositing your paychecks through an ATM. When using an ATM, the name of the deposit will change depending on the location of the ATM. Due to this, our system is unable to recognize your deposit as an income source.
Employer paychecks are missing
- We are not recognizing any deposits that match the pay schedule you have added. This might be due to the fact that you have a new employer. Once we have three recurring deposits from your new employer, we will be able to verify your income.
If you feel that any of this information is incorrect, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.