Brigit’s goal is to help our users reduce their financial stress while increasing their financial wellbeing. Worrying about debt in a time like this isn’t helpful or healthy which is why we’re here to lessen the burden.
If you have become recently unemployed because of COVID-19 or any other reason in the past four weeks, we’ve got your back. We’re providing you with an automatic extension on any advance until unemployment benefits or other government assistance kicks in.
Follow these steps to get your extension.
- File for unemployment insurance with your state. If you don’t know how please check out this Brigit blog post for more information. If you cannot file for unemployment benefits please check again with your state as the COVID-19 crisis has changed eligibility criteria in many states.
- Add your debit card information in the Brigit App. We can only provide extensions to users with stored debit cards. You can add your debit card right from this link.
- After you file for unemployment you should get a confirmation or approval letter from your state. All states are different, if your state doesn’t provide an approval letter, you can also send us your application document.
- Go to this form and fill out all the fields. Attach your confirmation or application letter. If you don’t know when you expect to start receiving unemployment benefits the best guess is usually two weeks from your filing date. Please use this form, otherwise it may delay our processing of your request.
- We’ll confirm that the name on your unemployment documentation matches the full name on your advance.
- We’ll set up your extension within 96 hours. (Please be patient as the number of people filing for extensions right now is unusually high).
- Focus on what matters - like your health and the health of your family and friends. We’ll all get through this together.