Brigit’s mission is to help our members reduce their financial stress while increasing their financial wellbeing. Sometimes our advances and budgeting tools are enough, but with the Corona Virus looming, we want to also connect you to other resources that can help.
Ways to access help directly from the app:
1) Running low on funds? Use an advance if you need one. This is available to all Brigit subscribers if you need to stock up on extra supplies or pay for unanticipated expenses. Whatever you need it for, Brigit can help.
2) Has your income changed? Check out our budgeting and cash flows tools in the app, they can really help you make sense of your financial situation. They’re especially useful if your hours have been cut, your wages reduced, or if you’re looking at unemployment. You can quickly figure out how long your existing savings can stretch.
3) Want to make some extra money? Go check out side gigs, a section of our app that lets you earn a little extra cash if you have some time. There are even options you can do entirely from indoors if that applies to your current situation.
4) Do you want to help out the Brigit community? Pay back an advance early if you no longer need it. We’re experiencing an unprecedented demand and while Brigit was meant to help hundreds of thousands of people, we’re getting requests from all across America at the same time. If you pay us back early we will provide that money to another member, many of whom are in need.
External resources, so you don’t have to do the research:
1) Have you lost your job? We have a detailed blog post on how to file for unemployment. We also have automatic advance extensions for any user who has filed for unemployment. No questions asked.
2) Need some government help? We are tracking everything to do with the government's two trillion dollar stimulus package. Are you eligible? How much will you get and do you need to file? It’s all here.
4) Worried about bills? Here is an article from our team on cable, electric, and other utilities companies that are offering discounts or allowing delayed payments during the crisis. Credit card companies and some banks are also delaying payments, waiving fees, and removing interest charges. Read about it here. You can get out ahead of these problems.
5) Trying to stretch your budget? Check out our guide on budgeting for a pandemic. Maybe you already know it all, but maybe there are some tidbits in there to help.
Want to help out others:
Brigit also knows that our members are some of the most kind, selfless, and generous people. If you’re in a good position and can help others, thank you so much. People with generosity like yours keep our country resilient.
Brigit’s employees have health care professionals, essential services workers, and high risk individuals as our partners, parents, siblings, family, and friends. We all know someone who has lost their job or been furloughed. While we are safe each day working for our members, we worry for their safety and the safety of our members tremendously.
Here are a few resources to help you help, pick your favorite publication.
Please make sure you always take your own situation into account before helping in any of these ways. Your and your family's safety, health, and financial security come first, before you can help others.
Have an idea for other topics we should be covering? Or another way to help? Have other questions about how to financially get through this? We are dedicated to supporting our members as best we can through this crisis.