Brigit’s goal is to help our users reduce their financial stress while increasing their financial wellbeing. Worrying about money in a time like this isn’t helpful or healthy which is why we’re here to lessen the burden.
If you have become recently unemployed due to the repercussions of COVID-19 and this has caused you to no longer be approved for our advances, we’re here to help. Our goal is to re-approve you as quickly as possible. Once your unemployment kicks in, we will begin substituting this as your paycheck for advances.
Follow these steps to get your Unemployment payment set-up in our system:
- File for unemployment insurance with your state. If you don’t know how please check out this Brigit blog post for more information. If you cannot file for unemployment benefits please check again with your state as the COVID-19 crisis has changed eligibility criteria in many states.
- After you file for unemployment you should get a confirmation or approval letter from your state. All states are different, if your state doesn’t provide an approval letter, you can also send us your application document. The re-approval process will be much faster if you can send us this information.
- Go to this form and fill out all the fields. Attach your confirmation or application letter. If you don’t know when you expect to start receiving unemployment benefits the best guess is usually two weeks from your filing date. Please use this form, otherwise it may delay our processing of your request.
- We’ll confirm that the name on your unemployment documentation matches the full name on your advance.
- We will monitor your account and re-approve you as soon as possible. For some members and states this may be as soon as your first Unemployment check.
- We will send you an email as soon as you’re approved.
- Focus on what matters - like your health and the health of your family and friends. We’ll all get through this together.