In order to access Credit Protect & Secure, we are required to verify your identity to prevent fraud and to keep your information safe.
I see an error while entering my personal information in Steps 1, 2, and 3.
In Steps 1 and 2 and 3, we require you enter your full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security number. We use this information to match it to your TransUnion® credit file. If you run into an error, here are some tips that may help.
- Try entering your full SSN: During your first attempt to verify your identity, we require you input your last four digits of your Social Security number. If there is an issue, we will ask for your full, 9-digit number.
- Try entering your legal names and address: Use your full legal name and address when entering your information. If these don't work, request a copy of your TransUnion® credit report from annualcreditreport.com to verify which name and address TransUnion® has on file for you. Then, try out these names.
I’m having trouble answering the questions on Step 4
After you verify your information, we provide you with 3 security questions that are generated using your credit report information. Here are some useful tips:
- If you see some of the questions don’t apply to you, you can select “None of the above”.
- If you’ve placed a security freeze on your TransUnion® credit file, you may need to lift it before you can access Credit Watch.
- If you’ve placed a fraud alert on your TransUnion® credit file, you may need to answer additional security questions.
If you fail two questions, we are unable to verify your identity at this time and provide you access to Credit Protect & Secure.