What is my Brigit score?
Brigit looks at your account information and calculates a Brigit score from 0-100. The score is used to help you better understand your financial wellness and determine whether or not we can send you advances. Brigit calculates this score by looking at your account data across three categories: Bank Account Health, Spending Behavior, and Earnings Profile.
What score do I need to be eligible for Advances?
Your score needs to be at least a 70 to be approved for Brigit. Scores can range from 40 to 100. Scores between 70-80 are fair but could be improved, between 80-90 are considered good, and above 90 are excellent.
How is my score calculated?
Brigit calculates this score by looking at your account data across three categories: Bank Account Health, Spending Behavior, and Earnings Profile.
Bank Account Health: This score factor is made up of two main contributing general attributes:
- Balance status and fees: Your average balance over time and the number of bank fees you’ve been charged.
- Account activity: How long your bank account has been active and how often you use your account.
Earnings Profile: This score factor is made up of two main contributing general attributes:
- Monthly recurring deposits: How much you deposit a month from a single employer*.
- Deposit history: Your deposit size and number of recurring deposits in your account.
Spending Behavior: This score factor is made up of two main contributing general attributes:
- Budgeting habits: How much you spend vs earn each month.
- Bill payment history: How often you make routine bill payments.
How can I improve my score?
Click on your scorecard on the homepage of the app to see how you can improve.
How often does my score change?
Brigit is always working in the background to keep your account safe. We recalculate your Brigit score every time we get an update from your bank, this is usually at least twice a day.
How does my score affect how much I am approved for?
The amount you are approved for is NOT related to your Brigit score. The Brigit score only determines if you can be approved for the Safety Net.
*Or other deposit source